Ocean Conservancy is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and budget management support to our Arctic team for approximately 30 hours a week. This position is eligible for benefits.
The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented person who excels at managing a diverse workload and staying a step ahead of our team. They will have a can do customer service attitude and will be committed to providing a high level of support. This position provides an opportunity to contribute to marine conservation in the Arctic by supporting the Arctic team.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for support to the VP, Conservation & Programs and the Senior Director of Arctic Programs, as well as the Arctic team. This includes managing Arctic team meetings and updates, managing the day-to-day office operations of the Bellingham, WA office, and budget tracking and management.
- Administrative support to the Arctic team, including coordinating weekly updates, setting agendas, taking notes and circulating notes and action items for team meetings.
- Organize logistics (including travel, food and meeting space) for group meetings and events in locations in the U.S., Canadian Arctic and other international locations.
- Arrange travel as needed for Arctic team members.
- Provide budget management support: process invoices for the Arctic team, tracks invoices, spending and budgets.
- Completion and submission of expense reports and reimbursement requests for the Sr. Director Arctic Programs, Director of Program Development and other Arctic team staff on a monthly basis.
- Provide support on contract development and tracking.
- Calendar management and meeting scheduling for Arctic team and coalition meetings.
- Coordination and tracking of monthly reporting for programs to provide awareness of accomplishments across Ocean Conservancy leadership and other programs/departments.
- Coordination and oversight of logistical details in support of the OC annual work planning process including travel arrangements, room reservations, basic IT assistance, and other logistical support as needed.
- On-going organization and coordination of Ocean Conservancy’s Bellingham office operations, including monitoring of office expenses.
- This position may also be required to support Arctic team staff in a variety of project management, research, and administrative needs.
- At least 2-3 years’ administrative work experience, preferably supporting a senior leader or team in a multi-location, fast-paced environment.
- Superb organizational skills and strong desire to ensure operations run smoothly; attentive to details and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables.
- Passion for providing high-level administrative and organizational support in service to the organization’s goals.
- A high-level performer who remains attentive to details and adheres strictly to deadlines and deliverables while keeping a larger vision in mind while supporting accurate, timely, and powerful policy, products, and positions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated success in supporting a team.
- Proven ability as a high level performer to multitask, work independently, and handle a fast-paced work environment in good humor.
- Demonstrates maturity, initiative, creativity, discipline, and commitment.
High School Diploma
Apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note the position title in the subject line
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.