This is a fin-tastic opportunity to join the movement in advancing ocean conservation and being a part of the blue wave of change. The Associate Director of Digital Fundraising and Marketing will play an integral role in fundraising for Ocean Conservancy’s program initiatives, growing our digital audience, casting a wider net of influence and targeting key audiences in meaningful fundraising opportunities.
This position is responsible for overseeing the management of the daily maintenance and function of Ocean Conservancy’s digital fundraising and marketing. The primary responsibilities of the Associate Director are to create and implement digital engagement strategies including digital fundraising, digital advertising, acquisition, email list growth and the management of fundraising staff and vendors.
Strong project and people management skills is essential. The Associate Director needs to have the ability to recognize opportunities and act quickly to implement fundraising concepts, based on external events and program milestones and news. We are seeking someone who is otter-ly passionate for fundraising to protect our ocean, can navigate around an eCRM effectively and dig into data analytics to improve overall strategy and performance. Experience working with digital advertising is required.
This is primarily a strategic and management position and a strong understanding of online communications, accessibility, project management, strategy development and usability are expected. The Associate Director will need to balance strong technical skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively within a dynamic team and across departments and Ocean Conservancy programs.
- Creates and implements strategies and messaging for digital fundraising and advertising, leads project management, analysis and reporting out on fundraising campaigns.
- Creates and implements strategies for member engagement and cultivation, working with cross-departmental teams when necessary, and leads the analysis and reporting out on these campaigns;
- Serves as knowledge base and primary point of contact for eCRM management, collaborates with other departments and assists the Digital team in training and trouble-shooting.
- Manages vendor relationships and projects for our eCRM platform, digital advertising, fundraising strategy and technical development of fundraising projects.
- Supervises members of Digital team, including Digital Specialist and team interns;
- Contributes to the development, testing and implementation of digital marketing campaigns;
- Implements and monitors testing, metrics and analysis of digital fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns;
- Works with the Senior Director of Digital Outreach in drafting overall strategic plans for digital marketing;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position requires experience managing digital fundraising strategy; in-depth knowledge of eCRM databases; HTML; and the production, testing, and delivery of emails through a constituent relationship management program; as well as experience with data and analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience managing dynamic digital fundraising programs and leading on digital marketing strategy;
- excellent writing and communications skills;
- strong project management skills;
- proven track record of managing people;
- strong understanding of digital communication, industry best practices, and accessibility standards;
- ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines and/or adapt to change;
- experience with content management systems required, preferably Engaging Networks.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note position title & job number: Assoc. Director Digital Fundraising & Marketing #20-03 in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.