ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a fin-tastic opportunity to join the movement in advancing ocean conservation forward and being a part of the blue wave of change. The Digital Campaign Senior Manager will play an integral role in advancing Ocean Conservancy’s program initiatives, engaging the public and key target audiences in meaningful advocacy and outreach opportunities and contributing to the overall success of program victories. The Digital Campaign Senior Manager will create and implement online engagement strategies including online advocacy campaigns and social media strategies for Ocean Conservancy’s priority programs and initiatives.
- Serve as the digital lead for one or more of Ocean Conservancy’s priority campaigns;
- Develop digital outreach strategy and work plans for priority programs that move the program goals forward and engage our supporters;
- Create, manage and implement strategies for member engagement and online advocacy campaigns, working with cross-departmental teams when necessary, and lead the analysis and reporting out on these campaigns;
- Management, growth, engagement and analytics of Ocean Conservancy’s mobile platform;
- Work with the Senior Director of Digital in drafting overall strategic plans for digital marketing;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 4-6 years’ experience in digital engagement with advocacy, Congressional political campaigns or charitable organizations;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in project or people management with a strong track record of producing creative, successful output;
- Proven success managing digital outreach and advocacy campaigns;
- Knowledge of new media and analytics tools;
- Otter-ly solid attention to details and how they fit into the big picture;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with AP style;
- Enthusiasm for the digital space;
- Excited to stay on top of trends, best practices and emerging platforms;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Steller project management skills and experience using project management software;
- Strong understanding of online communication, industry best practices and accessibility standards;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines and/or adapt to change; proficient on PC and Mac platforms, Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience working within a content management system and databases, preferably Engaging Networks and WordPress.
- News and political junkie preferred/not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note position title and #19-15 in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.