The Digital Production and Community Coordinator supports Ocean Conservancy’s communications and marketing efforts by providing editorial and production support on Ocean Conservancy’s digital platforms.
- PRODUCTION: Produces and tests email blasts, advocacy alerts, petitions and fundraising requests. Proofreads web and email content with a focus on detail and quality control. Assists in creating and updating website content. Curates blog posts on current ocean conservation topics and Ocean Conservancy initiatives.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Provides first level support for all technical problems relating to web properties. Liaison with vendors on technical issues. Track and implement solutions to technical problems.
- WEBMASTER: Interacts, communicates and cares for Ocean Conservancy’s digital community by responding to email inquiries. Maintains the database of online supporters and donors. This includes reconciling duplicates, updating records and following best practices.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN SUPPORT: Edit photographs and create special graphics for web. Manage purchasing of stock photography. Create and maintain updated documentation on image use, guidelines, policies and style book from branding committee.
- REPORTING & TESTING: Assists in measuring analytics to track the success of Ocean Conservancy’s strategies and campaigns; creates reports to communicate results.
- Contributes to team brainstorms and discussions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of HTML and experience using a website content management and customer relationship management systems required. Proficiency with Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with AP style and solid attention to detail.
- Current understanding of online communication, accessibility standards and social media outreach.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to troubleshoot community concerns.
Bachelor’s degree and/or at least two years of professional experience in the digital space.
Apply for this position:
If you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, want to make a difference in the world and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, we’d love to hear from you. Ocean Conservancy offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
Please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “#18-7 and the position title in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.