The International Coastal Cleanup Event Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of key programmatic events including signature beach cleanups and annual conferences. This position plays a critical role in expanding the impact of the International Coastal Cleanup (ICC), with a focus on delivering world-class volunteer events for Ocean Conservancy’s corporate partners. The Event Manager also works to grow the global recognition of Ocean Conservancy’s brand by engaging with companies and communities around the world. The position is vital to enabling the engagement of over 1 million volunteers as part of Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup.
- Serve as the primary organizer for all Trash Free Seas Program events including large meetings, conferences and beach cleanups.
- Ensure successful delivery of world-class volunteer events from pre-planning to post-event reporting. This includes identifying event location, vendor management, onsite setup, keeping on budget and providing consistent updates on event progress.
- Attend and facilitate all details of Ocean Conservancy signature cleanup events to ensure all logistics and partner needs are handled and managed at the highest level of professionalism.
- Work with the Trash Free Seas team to manage the stewardship of the ICC sponsor network. This includes current and potential sponsor communications through mail, email, phone calls and video chat.
- Prepare customized Reports after each event for partners summarizing both quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Travel domestically and internationally to implement signature cleanups, meetings and Trash Free Seas team conferences.
- Maintain timely internal and external correspondence via email, phone calls and video chat while traveling domestically and internationally.
- Work with team to expand partner engagement opportunities.
- Exhibit respect for and excellent service to Ocean Conservancy’s internal and external partners, ICC network and supporters through prompt, professional and courteous communication.
- At least three years of professional event planning experience required.
- Proven experience delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-orientated and highly organized.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously, with speed, accuracy, and courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines working as an individual and as part of a team.
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Solutions-oriented attitude.
- Passion for the marine environment and a commitment to eliminating trash from the ocean.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Will consider significant additional experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree).
Apply for the Position: If you think you have what it takes to join Ocean Conservancy’s team, please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and note “ICC Event Mgr #18-22” in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.