The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The position manages facilities, oversees office support and services, and recommends and implements procedures that streamline day to day operations. The Office Manager will directly supervise two administrative staff.
- Manages all Washington, DC office administrative operations and supervises the Mail room Administrator responsible for handling receptionist and switchboard duties at the front desk. Develops and maintains appropriate procedures, standards and training and assures professional coverage of reception area and switchboard at all times.
- Prepares work assignments for the Mail room Administrator that can be completed while fulfilling reception and switchboard responsibilities.
- Supervises purchasing and supply requisitions for the Washington, DC office
- Manages OC’s document retention and policies and procedures.
- Manages OC’s security/key card account.
- Manages property and liability insurance coverage for all Ocean Conservancy locations and manages relationship with insurance broker.
- Serves as liaison to Washington, DC building management for general office needs, repairs and other routine matters. Coordinates and assists Ocean Conservancy’s regional managers and support staff with building leases, building management, and office space and equipment needs.
- Oversees the coordination and implementation of all Washington, DC office moves.
- Works with staff at all locations to secure, within budget, the furnishings and equipment necessary to effectively perform their jobs.
- Oversees cleanliness and organization of office aesthetics by ensuring proper storage is available for departments and assists departments in keeping the office space neat and organized; including the common areas.
- Supervises Washington, DC office mail room operations to ensure that all mail room functions are appropriately maintained and services are provided in an efficient and cost-sensitive manner.
- Prepares, monitors and maintains the annual budget for the Administration department.
- Develops and administers the organization-wide Document Retention Policy and assists departments with procedures and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP of Finance and Administration.
- Manages or assists with large meetings such as Board meetings, all staff meetings, and retreats.
- Requires minimum of five years’ experience in office management, facilities management and staff supervision; relevant related experience may be considered acceptable
- Must be a well-organized professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and contributing where there is a need.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Requires dedication to providing the highest levels of service to internal customers and external providers.
- Proven ability to execute projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with staff at all levels within the organization as well as with outside providers.
- Solid negotiating skills and the ability to identify strategic improvements to administrative operations and services.
- Good judgment, accuracy and the ability to work gracefully under pressure with shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum High School education.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note position title: OFFICE MANAGER #19-16 in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.