The Senior Accountant position is responsible for all aspects of General Ledger maintenance. This includes an array of tasks from review of data entry to ensuring that monthly financial statements accurately reflect the status of the organization.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable process
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of select annual adjusting journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of select annual reconciliations
- Identify recurring problems, offer suggested solutions and seek resolution of issues.
- Assist in ad hoc reporting as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires 4 or more years of recent relevant experience (preferably in a charitable non-profit organization) .
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Great Plains and Concur experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (a Bachelor’s in Finance or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting can substitute for the BS in Accounting).
Apply for the Position: If you think you have what it takes to join Ocean Conservancy’s team, please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Senior Accountant #18-21” in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.