Ocean Conservancy is tackling the world’s greatest challenges facing our ocean.
We are seeking a seasoned communications and marketing professional to join our Communications team. We need a creative go-getter with a proven track record for executing bold, successful campaigns. With a keen understanding of current approaches and concepts to elevate brand visibility and awareness in a crowded space, our ideal candidate is strategic, tenacious and delivers results.
This new position requires self-initiative, which at Ocean Conservancy means identifying and pursuing opportunities with an eye to impact, timeliness and effectiveness. A high degree of cultural competence is required in order to navigate internal and external relationships. Those relationships include, but are not limited to representatives from media companies, local non-profit partners, corporate partners, sports teams, scientific institutions, local communities, etc. We seek someone with a proven track record for successfully managing media narratives, pitching stories and maintaining long-term relationships with journalists. Experience leading marketing campaigns, particularly for a major franchise, is an advantage. Prior marine conservation experience is not essential. Experience in the Florida and California markets is welcomed but not required. Success for the first year in this position will be implementing a major visibility opportunity in 2020.
The Senior Manager, Communications and Marketing, will report to the Vice President of Communications and work in close collaboration with Ocean Conservancy’s Development team.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase Ocean Conservancy brand visibility, with clear metrics for success and excellent project management.
- Support and strengthen lead generation with the organization’s Resource Development team.
- Lead clear and effective internal and external communication processes to maximize results.
- Manage media and partner relationships in key target areas for priority programs.
- Integrate marketing efforts with thought leadership opportunities for Ocean Conservancy’s CEO and senior leadership.
- Increase Ocean Conservancy’s visibility by representing the organization at events and with external partners and organizations.
- 5+ Years of experience leading multi-pronged marketing campaigns with diverse stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and deliver on high-impact partnerships
- High degree of cultural competence
- Willing to travel for work (20-25%)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Apply for the Position: If you think you have what it takes to join Ocean Conservancy’s team, please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities with your resume to: email@example.com and note “Sr. Mgr. Comms & Mktg #18-19” in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.