The Manager, Shipping Emissions Campaign will be a strategist in campaigns and coalitions working to refine and implement our new campaign on shipping emissions, with an emphasis on reducing greenhouse gas emissions from global shipping. With a passion for politics and a keen understanding of advocacy levers, the Manager should be adept at not only planning and implementing short- and long-term campaign strategies, but also skilled at working with a small team and larger coalition to achieve campaign goals.
The Manager’s portfolio will focus on reducing greenhouse gas emissions from shipping and will work within our Arctic programs, who have historically taken the lead on our shipping and International Maritime Organization work, while coordinating closely with our Climate, Government Relations and Digital/Communications teams to influence decision-makers and ensure the health of our ocean.
- Further develop and implement strategies to advance objectives for Ocean Conservancy’s emerging campaign to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from global shipping.
- Deliver high-quality, compelling, immersive research pieces and position papers.
- Work at the International Maritime Organization in coordination with the Clean Shipping Coalition to advance our campaign to decarbonize the shipping sector.
- Work with Ocean Conservancy’s digital and communications teams to amplify the issues of reducing shipping emissions and the important role of our ocean in the global climate change conversation.
- Serve as a trusted partner within the organization and a credible ambassador of our work externally.
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping, emissions, or related campaigns.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Spanish highly desirable.
- Experience working effectively with coalitions and diverse networks; international experience highly desirable.
- Experience working at international institutions and with policy makers, scientists, and industry.
- A creative, collaborative team player adept at working across lines of difference.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability as a high level performer to multitask, work independently, and handle a fast-paced work environment in good humor.
- Bachelor’s degree
To be considered for this position, interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note position title and #19-10 in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.