The newly created position Special Assistant to the Executive Vice President is responsible for direct support to the EVP. This includes managing the EVP’s demanding schedule, and undertaking special projects that require sound judgment, initiative, and confidentiality.
Diplomacy and discretion are essential to this position and the Special Assistant is often exposed to highly sensitive issues. The person in this position knows how to balance an informal internal work environment with the formality required when representing the EVP externally.
The Special Assistant is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations and workflow of the EVP, including:
- Judicious management of the EVP’s time in the office and offsite, including oversight of meetings, travel arrangements, and associated logistical details; ensures the EVP’s calendar is kept current and accurate.
- Coordination with Ocean Conservancy staff to ensure preparation, production, and distribution of background and briefing materials, binders, and itineraries related to meetings, presentations, conferences, and travel for the EVP.
- Serves as key liaison to the broader program leadership team and provides support to other organizational leaders as needed.
- Circulation of meeting notes and follow-up with program staff to shepherd timely completion of action items identified at meetings or otherwise specified by the EVP.
- Completion and submission of expense reports and reimbursement requests for the EVP and other program staff on a monthly basis. Processing of consultant invoices and other program operations support as needed.
- Monitoring deadlines for the EVP and providing appropriate reminders.
- This position may also be required to support program directors and senior staff in a variety of project management, research, scheduling and administrative needs.
- 3-4 years of experience in support of a senior leader in a management, operations, advocacy, or policy role with an emphasis on project and calendar management.
- Superb organizational skills and strong desire to ensure operations run smoothly; attentive to details and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables.
- Passion for providing high-level administrative and organizational support in service to the organization’s goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write and edit well.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.); Go-To Meeting; and/or other webex/conference software
- A high-level performer who remains attentive to details and adheres strictly to deadlines and deliverables while keeping a larger vision in mind while supporting accurate, timely, and powerful policy, products, and positions.
- Highly discrete and able to be trusted with confidential information relating to the organization and its staff.
- Proven ability as a high level performer to multitask, work independently, and handle a fast-paced work environment in good humor.
- Demonstrates maturity, initiative, creativity, discipline, and commitment.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Apply for this position:
If you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, want to make a difference in the world and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, we’d love to hear from you. Ocean Conservancy offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
Please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities, along with your resume to jobs@oceanconservancy and note “#18-13″ and the position title in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.