The Specialist, Individual Philanthropy will be responsible for helping steward, cultivate and solicit individual and planned giving donors. The position will work closely with the Individual Giving (IG) and Planned Giving (PG) Teams with an emphasis on the organization’s mid-level giving program. They will help to qualify prospective donors, as well as carry out strategies to graduate donors to the organization’s mid-level giving level and major donor giving level. The impact of this work will result in driving significant fundraising growth from individual donor support.
- Support the cultivation and stewardship of individual and planned giving donors and prospects through relationship development. This includes donor communications through direct mail, email and phone calls.
- Help build a pipeline of individual giving prospects through targeted research, outreach and communications.
- Offer members a wide variety of outright and planned giving options to invest in our work.
- Manage donor inquiries that come in through a variety of channels, such as direct mail, email and phone.
- Support acknowledgement process for all mid-level individual donors ($1,000+) and planned giving donors.
- Support the Individual Philanthropy team on strategic travel plans, including list pulls, mapping and personalized invitations, etc.
- Support donor fulfillment and mailings including marketing, cultivation and stewardship for all Individual Giving donors and prospects ($1,000+) as well as Planned Giving donors.
- Assist in the production of individual and planned giving materials and communications, including direct mail, emails, and cultivation materials.
- Assist in producing donor engagement opportunities including events and webinars.
- Maintain database integrity and produce lists and queries to support the needs of the individual and planned giving teams.
- Exhibit respect for and excellent service to donors and all supporters of Ocean Conservancy through prompt and courteous communication.
- Undergraduate degree with two to three years relevant Development/Fundraising experience, and a working knowledge of Development/fundraising principles and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-orientated and highly organized. Ability to track and maintain multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work individually but also part of a strong team, with self-direction and discipline.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge donor management system preferred.
- A passion for marine/environmental conservation preferred.
If you think you have what it takes to join Ocean Conservancy’s Development team, please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities with your resume to: email@example.com and note your name and #17-16 IPSPEC in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.