- Deepwater Horizon Response | Unified Command’s Joint Information Center
- Deepwater Horizon Blowout | SkyTruth
OCEAN CONSERVANCY EXPERTS
“We cannot allow the hard lessons learned from the BP Deepwater Horizon tragedy to be forgotten. Risky offshore drilling that only profits a company and imperils lives and livelihoods is not history we want repeated in the Gulf. We are here to fight for a healthy ocean because it means thriving marine wildlife, prosperous communities and a better planet for us all.”Chief Executive Officer
“Beyond the early restoration projects chosen through the Natural Resource Damage Assessment process to address impacts from the oil disaster, there must also be follow-through on the national commitment to address decades of degradation from sources such as coastal erosion, overfishing and excessive nutrient runoff that has produced a dead zone of depleted oxygen.”Vice President, Conservation
“The challenge facing restoration and research programs is deciding which science investments will provide the most insight into the health and recovery of the Gulf ecosystem. Simply put, we need to monitor what matters.”Senior Manager, Science Initiatives
- The Gulf Oil Disaster and the Future of Offshore Drilling Report to the President. National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling Deep Water. SBN: 978-0-16-087371-3
- Estimating the value of lost recreation days from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Eric English, Roger H. von Haefen, Joseph Herriges, Christopher Leggett, Frank Lupi, Kenneth McConnell, Michael Welsh, Adam Domanski, Norman Meade. J. Env. Economics and Management, Vol. 91, pp.26-45, ISSN 0095-0696, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeem.2018.
- Effects of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill on Protected Marine Species. This is a special issue of Endangered Species Research that contains 20 scientific studies by NOAA scientists and partners on the impacts of the 2010 Gulf oil spill on marine mammals and sea turtles. Endangered Species Research. Vol 33, published Jan 31, 2017.
- Restoring the Gulf of Mexico. 2011. Ocean Conservancy. A framework for restoring the Gulf, including lessons learned from the Exxon Valdez oil spill.
- Restoring the Gulf Beyond the Shore 1. 2014. Ocean Conservancy. A definitive guide to the wildlife that lives in the Gulf’s waters and restoration efforts.
- Charting the Gulf: Gulf of Mexico ecosystem monitoring inventory. 2015. Love, M., Baldera, A., Robbins, C., Spies, R. B. and Allen, J. R. Ocean Conservancy. This analysis is a comprehensive review of what priorities are and are not being monitored in the Gulf.
- Restoring the Gulf Beyond the Shore Part II. 2017. Ocean Conservancy. This informative guide includes what Ocean Conservancy identified as the most effective, practical and innovative approaches to achieve successful Gulf-wide restoration beyond the shore.
- The Benefits of Adaptive Management in Ecosystem Restoration. 2018. Ocean Conservancy. This report illustrates the benefits of adaptive management by highlighting three case studies for large-scale restoration projects around the United States.
- Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement’s Deepwater Horizon Reading Room provides documents related to the BP Deepwater Horizon explosion and resulting oil spill cleared for public release.
- NOAA Deepwater Horizon oil spill settlements: Where the money went