Areas of Expertise
- United States and international climate policy
- Ocean-climate diplomacy
- North American climate cooperation
- United States nonfederal climate diplomacy
- UNFCCC and Paris Agreement
Gwynne Taraska is Director of the Climate Program at Ocean Conservancy. She previously was the Director of International Climate Policy at the Center for American Progress and Director of Policy and Research at Climate Advisers.
Her recent projects and publications have focused on integrating ocean and climate diplomacy; North American climate cooperation; U.S. nonfederal climate diplomacy; the Paris Agreement, including the authority for U.S. participation and the topic of loss and damage; and international climate finance.
Publications including the New York Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, The Hill, Vox, and Energy & Environment have interviewed her or featured her work.
- Ph.D., Philosophy (Logic), University of Washington
- MA, Philosophy, University of Washington
- BA, Philosophy, Reed College
“Integrating ocean issues into the global fight against climate change is necessary to protect the ocean, climate and planet.”